MHealth Application Trends That You Should Know
The mobile revolution is transforming the world of healthcare. Medical application trends empower physicians and other healthcare professionals by facilitating increases in productivity, and reductions in the amount of time and resources devoted to individual patients. Mobile apps, similarly, empower patients by making it easier for them to correctly diagnose ailments and monitor specific aspects of their health.
According to recent reports, over 500 million people will be using healthcare applications by 2016, while increasing smartphone market penetration will lead to a substantial uptick in mHealth technologies usage. These facts have prompted us healthcare mobile application development that will satisfy the growing demands of healthcare consumers.
Here are some of Archer Software’s contributions to the trends in the healthcare mobile app:
1. Applications that utilize interactive diagrams to help physicians explain how a given treatment or procedure is performed. These apps also let patients give detailed feedback to their doctors.
2. Applications that assist healthcare professionals in retrieving basic information about pharmaceuticals, dosages, side-effects, and warnings. This type of application is one of the oldest and most firmly established in mHealth.
3. Applications that help doctors make the right decision when choosing a treatment. This type of application lists possible diagnoses based on symptoms, allows healthcare professionals to chart and monitor patients’ symptoms, and facilitates the sharing of records among medical personnel. This type of application proves indispensable when healthcare professionals must make quick assessments.
4. Mobile applications used to track and display vital health indicators like pulse, heart rate, and EKG. This type of application shows the dynamics of a patient’s health and can be used to predict patient outcomes based on previous responses to treatment.
5. Applications that improve patient-doctor communication. These applications facilitate communication by making it easier for patients to access their medical records via a cloud-hosted database. Storing patient data in the cloud means that doctors and patients spend less time tracking down and sorting out paper records.
6. Wellness applications that track indicators of general health, changes in mood, and medical symptoms.
7. Fitness applications that help people improve their performance in different types of physical activity.
Across the mhealth application trends there is a trend for large, multi-faceted apps to evolve into multiple products with increasingly specialized functionality. This observation proves equally true for mHealth software, which we note are becoming increasingly specialized according to end user needs.
Medical reports predict that the top medical application trends next year, according to business potential, are as follows:
Remote monitoring and consultation apps
Reminder and alert apps
Patient health record apps
Medical condition management apps
Continuing medical education tools
Medical reference apps
Logistical and payment apps
At Archer Software we develop different solutions for healthcare industry to satisfy patients’ needs and meet mhealth trends. You can check out our full healthcare portfolio here.