How to Build a Futures Trading Platform?
Trading systems are generally computer software programs which issue buy and sell signals based upon price, volume or other empirical data. By analyzing real-time price data and comparing such data to pre-set pattern recognition inputs, or by running said data through mathematical algorithms generally compiled by the system provider himself, trading signals are generated and then run through an auto-execute applet in order to effect the trades thus indicated.
Now we have a number of futures trading platforms software available that offer different features and levels of functionality.
To choose the right futures trading software you should answer a list of questions first:
- Investment capital. How much do you have to invest? Some platforms may have a minimum balance that you will need to hold in the account in order to trade.
- Access to global exchanges and products. Are you looking to trade on international markets? Check which exchanges and products you can access from the platform. Not all platforms have access to all international indices or products.
- Platform speed. Compare the speeds at which the various platforms run – it can be the difference between a loss and gain.
- Basic services. Most platforms offer basic services to help you trade, including charts, tutorials, calculators, guides and glossaries. Consider the value and potential knowledge you could gain by the basic services offered on the platform.
- News service and data streams. Not all platforms offer news services. However, if you need to see global economic releases or comprehensive newswires, along with search and filtering tools, you may need a more advanced platform. Real-time data streams allow you to make up-to-the-minute trading decisions.
- Advanced order functions. If you are looking to implement risk management or automatic functionality on your investments, check that the platform allows this. Types of orders you might want to use include spreads, trailing stops and conditional orders.
- Mobile. If you travel frequently or are always on the go, it may be useful to have access to a mobile-friendly platform that gives you the same functionality you would have on your desktop.
- Charting. Do you need charting, and if so, what kind? Do you want to see intra-day prices, as well as closing prices? The costs vary depending on whether you want a simple chart or historical data with advanced analysis.
- Decision-making tools. Advanced platforms sometimes offer tools, such as custom formula builders, advanced options strategies analytics and other proprietary tools.
Knowing what level of futures trader you are, what exchanges you wish to trade in, and what types of orders you will want to put in place, are good starting points if you want to build a futures trading platform.
Our experience in building futures trading platform
If you wish to make own forex trading platform, you are in a right place. Archer has a big experience in helping our clients to build best software that meets all their business needs and trading platform development. We have such projects in our portfolio:
Imperative Wealth DTS (Digital Trading System) is a trading automaton, operating in the ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) market, which provides investment recommendations to its users. The users are private bankers and their clients. This application is provided to fund managers, to help them making better decisions in the process of investing the funds that they manage on behalf of their clients.
The application is connected to a robo-advisor, an automated trading system that monitors a bunch of mutual funds or exchange traded funds (etf), looking for investment opportunities in those investment vehicles. When an investment opportunity is detected on a given fund or etf, the robo-advisor sends a signal to the fund manager application, proposing to buy shares of that mutual fund or etf.
The fund manager is then free to follow the advice, and enter a trade on behalf on his clients.
The robo-advisor is designed to detect trends, that is, long period of times when prices rise continuously or fall continuously. It is described as "trend-follower".
DP.PrivateBankers is the module, that allows interaction of FundManagers and their existing clients. FundManagers can invest their portfolio funds.
Also webapp has a role of administrators, which can block or reactivate users. Administrators can reassign roles and reassign clients to other fundmanagers.
The system provides a full chain of trading platform integration into the exchange markets;
Tools and technologies used: TypeScript, Angular 2, MongoDB, Node.JS, Express.JS, socket.io, REST API, Karma, Yarn, GIT, Jira
The system is C++ based forex and futures trading platform that provides Auto-Execution of trading strategies, complete charting package and features of brackets, trailing stops, scale-outs, real-time & historical charts, one-click trading, available 24 hours a day.
System was already established when Archer team has joined the project. The main business challenges encountered were all around the lack of the end users facing features, unsatisfactory performance and range of available strategies that was increasing too slow. With the help of Archer team that was working with overall system refactoring and implementing the algorithms for part of the new strategies, system has expanded, grown in profit to finally be acquired by MF Global for $3.75M
Market Profile strategies app
Steve Hawkins, a co-author of “Steidlmayer on Markets: Trading with Market Profile, 2nd eidition” book and big extender of Market Profile methodology has developed a series of applications and automated strategies through the last 20 years. The last application he worked on has come to a state of needed code refactoring and adding new strategies based on algorithms Steve designed. Technologies: Haskel, Java
GoAndChange is a Eastern Europe oriented platform that aggregates the exchange rates data of various online and offline forex digital and cryptho-currencies exchange options available for the user to provide the analytics on trends and most efficient exchange strategies fitting the user needs.
The system was developed as MVP and now suffer needs a refactoring for code quality, performance, security improvement and adding new features.
Archer has completed the code analysis and recommendation phase now developing and planning the system extending, updating development process, improving the deployment and QA procedures.
Contact our experts and we will make a free estimate on your futures trading platform.